The blockchain records every single transaction – of present and past – and the ownership of every single bitcoin ter circulation. The people who are permanently verifying the blockchain, ensuring that all the information is onberispelijk and updating it each time a transaction is made, are called `miners`. One way to think of miners is: they those who confirm transactions. Their job is to ensure that the transaction is secure and processed decently and securely. Ter terugwedstrijd for their services, miners are paid fees by the vendors/merchants of each transaction and are also given physical, minted bitcoins.
What`s the point of having bitcoins if I can use regular currency for my purchases?
- If you are selling a good, you can accept bitcoins spil a form of payment.
- You can purchase and sell bitcoins through Bitcoin exchanges (this is the most common way. Exchanges are typically found online.)
- You can trade bitcoins for traditional currencies of countries.
Spil written above, obtaining bitcoins through an exchange is the most common and feasible way to get commenced. There are hundreds of exchanges (mostly online) through which you can obtain bitcoins. You simply register, come in your bankgebouw account information, and convert the local currency into bitcoins. Te fact, there is an effortless way for you to find an online exchange based on where you live through this webstek.
- Come in the recipient`s address (wij will explain what an address is straks on ter the article).
- Inject the amount of bitcoins to be sent.
- Press send.
The recipient will then simply receive the request for bitcoins te exchange for what he is suggesting (goods, services, or perhaps a currency).
- Snehal possesses an online store that accepts bitcoins spil a form of payment.
- Rajiv wants to purchase a $2500 voorwerp. He looks online and sees that the prevailing rate for bitcoins is approximately $500/bitcoin.
- Snehal is selling the voorwerp for Five bitcoins on his webstek.
- Rajiv creates a fresh Bitcoin address through his wallet. He can see Snehal`s public Bitcoin address on Snehal`s webstek.
- Just spil a seller does not need to know your physical identity if you pay metselspecie, Rajiv never needs to disclose his identity to Snehal and can thus remain totally anonymous.
- Rajiv instructs his Bitcoin client (the free Bitcoin software he installed on his rekentuig/mobile) to transfer Five bitcoins from his wallet to the Snehal`s address. This is the transaction message.
- Rajiv`s bitcoin client will electronically ",sign", the transaction request with the private key of the address from where he is transferring his bitcoins. While Rajiv`s public key is available to anyone for signature verification, his private key is only known to him.
- Rajiv`s transaction is broadcast to the Bitcoin network and will be verified ter a few minutes by miners. The Five bitcoins have bot successfully transferred from Rajiv`s address to the Snehal`s address.
Here`s an example of what it might look like on Rajiv`s software when he sends his bitcoins to Snehal:
A bitcoin user can loosely share his public address with everybody. His private address, however, is only for him to know. This is critical ter that this is what permits Bitcoin to be a secure payment system.